Friday, June 22, 2007

On Wednesday night we planned to go to the beach in the morning. I didn't go to sleep at all on Thursday night to avoid having to wake up early. So I ended up waking up my mom instead of her waking me up. We pack a few snacks, books, iPod, etc., and head out. Less than 30 minutes later we are at the beach. It was a lovely day. We went to Primanti Bros. pizza first, but it just didn't taste as good as it used to. They have 14 locations in Pittsburgh, where they are from, so perhaps I'll find some real pizza up there. Turns out we forgot our sunscreen, so $5.99 for a 3oz. bottle was our penalty for skin cancer prevention. When we crossed the street to get to the beach, I felt like "Is this really it?!" It had been a while since we'd been to Sunrise beach. Beach erosion and hurricanes surely have changed the place.

My mom loves to put her chair right by the shore with a book where the waves crash at her ankles. I regret bringing a towel and not a chair too. The sand was too lumpy from ATV tracks or whatever. I spent a while hopping around in the waves, as I did when I was younger, but I felt lonely. That same lonely feeling from one to play with :(.

I went to the 7-11 across the street to get a Slurpee, but to my luck...just as I switched the lever, nothing was of an icy consistency. I tried every flavor, but nothing but liquid. The only thing left was the new Full Throttle energy one, which was almost completely empty, and Fanta Banana...tons of banana. So I had a banana slurpee. How thrilling. -_- Walking back to the beach, the liquid and iced part of my drink evolved into some disgusting combination that I couldn't bear to drink any longer. I never thought that I would have to say this about my love, but that was the most disgusting slurpee that I've ever had.

So we're relaxing at the beach for maybe another half our and my grandmother calls. She says it's storming over by her, but there wasn't a single dark cloud in sight by the beach. Not even 5 minutes after my mom hangs up assuring my grandmother that it wouldn't pour over by the beach, there is a torrential downpour. It wouldn't stop. A few drops, a consistent stream of rain, and then seconds later we are soaked. And no, it wasn't just passing. But of course it was lovely and clear as soon as we got home.

I could continue the countdown thing until I leave, but, eh...I don't think so. I'm at the point where I am excited, but too much excitement it draining, so I'll just ignore the excitement until I start packing on Monday. Oh, I can't resist...8 days!

No comments: