Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thinking

...is detrimental to my mental health.

So basically, I blame robotics. I don’t know why, but every meeting seems to frustrate me in some sense. Whether relating to the team itself, or some personal thought resulting from something robotics-related, I can never walk away from a meeting completely satisfied. Reading ChiefDelphi regularly doesn’t help either; I just long to be one of those teams! There is always something to be improved and it always feels like we’re SO far away from reaching those goals. Am I rubbing off my habit of setting almost unreachably high goals on the team? Too bad, I have trouble settling for less. I keep telling myself things will get better; I’m not wasting my time at all. My stupid conscience (which is usually right) thinks otherwise.

Nonetheless, this type of thinking always tends to bring a sense of unsettledness to me, and disrupts my whole thought process. I begin questioning my reasoning for staying at Dillard, why I come to robotics week after week, why I care so much, why isn't this the great program that I thought I was coming to, why have I not left for Stranahan yet. Then this leads to extremities, finally resulting in confusion, to the point where I need to go watch cartoons to numb my mind or read every single one of my feeds on Google Reader. The weird thoughts are still brewing, but the amazing daily technological advancements and cool gadgets and quirky articles deliver a great sense of relaxation. This just blew my mind…1 TERABYTE of data on a single disc. Is there a word above amazing to describe this? It seems so unimaginable, the possibilities are endless. And a 5TB disc on the way? Insane! I wonder when it’ll be available, and how long it’ll take me to generate that much data, and what kind of equipment you’ll need to get that. Oooh! Ahhh!

xkcd has recently become my newest source of humor. A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language? That sounds just too right. I was never into web comics and such, but I used to read Questionable Content until I couldn’t keep up any longer.

Eh, I need to stop reminding myself about that depths of patheticity (yes, I just invented that word!) that I’ve dropped to now that I enjoy the College Board SAT Question of the Day, MIT Admissions Blogs, Chief Delphi, xkcd, and hundreds of daily news/blog feeds as my daily thrills.

Enough of this depressing emo stuff. Just venting...again. I'm off to do Calculus, fun! (no sarcasm there, seriously)

No comments: