Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Beginning of an Adventure

The UF application should be available online in a few hours along with the Common App and a few other schools. I'm still debating on whether I should start with essays and such now or just relax for a bit and wait until later. I suppose this signifies the beginning of my journey in the college application process.

On Friday morning AP scores became available by phone, so I was impatient and paid $8 to call and hear my scores. They were supposed to be available today, but like all of the other exams, scores are usually available a few days earlier. Unfortunately when I called, not all of the scores were available. The verdict...

AP US History: unavailable
AP Lang: 3
AP Psych: 3

I'm still devastated. I know it's not that bad, and I may still get credit at some schools, but it's really disappointing. I also know a 3 is still a pretty good accomplishment and not the end of the world, but I expected to do better, especially in two courses that I thought I had a very firm grasp on. I don't even want to know my APUSH grade now. ::deep sigh::

With scores like these and last semester's grades I'm probably not going to get into MIT unless my SAT Subject Test and ACT retakes are amazing in Sept/Oct. I should learn to like UF more...

No comments: