Saturday, March 15, 2008

Florida Regional 2008

This should be a quickie:

I'm up in Orlando right now for our second competition, our home regional, the Florida Regional. Everything is going great so far. As of right now, we are ranked #1 (5-1), and we also won the Rockwell Automation Leadership in Controls Award this afternoon. It's such an awesome feeling hearing the words you spoke to a judge in the pit transferred to the announcer briefing the features that made your team worthy of the award. I don't know how to describe how I'm feeling at the moment. We're doing really well, and all day, people have been asking "Noelle, are you exicted?!" and I just respond with a simple "Sure." It's just really weird, since as a team, we've never been in this dominant position before, where teams are coming up asking us to pick them, or how we're just able to bring the robot back to the pit, do a few software updates, and then relax. Perhaps I'll be more excited on Saturday afternoon if I have a gold medal around my neck...or even silver. I'm pretty excited now, I just have different ways of showing it, I suppose. (If you couldn't tell, I even danced to like 4 [Cha Cha Slide, Chicken Dance, Cotton Eyed Joe, Macarena] of those dance songs during a field reset/break; SOAP archived the footage, it should be up tomorrow or later this weekend).

If we win our last match tomorrow, we'll most likely be picking. I had a bunch of scouting stuff planned out to walk around the pits and such, but with all the commotion and fast-paced scheduling, it was pretty much impossible until the end of the day. I got a pretty good idea of some robots from waiting in queuing and playing with/against them, but it would've been nice to have had some raw match data. There are enough good teams to form a strong alliance regardless of where we're seeded.

So...it's 1:08am now (NICE!) and I should be sleeping or packing or showering or scouting or not blogging...

PS: I'm really excited for tomorrow

No comments: