Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back to the Ol' Grind

School starts back up again tomorrow for the 2nd semester. With a 5.5-day weekend after exams, it felt like an actual break, like Spring Break (essentially, this is only 3 days shorter). With the beginning of the new semester comes new classes. It'll probably feel like the first day of school all over again, which is cool -- until all of the work sets in. I found myself looking for my keys, finding the charger for my iPod and cell phone, packing my backpack, resetting my alarm, and suddenly realizing woah, school starts tomorrow! It's amazing how we can do things without noticing why we're doing them, like thinking about The Game without realizing that you have just lost the game. Back to school stuff, I'm ready for a change. Hopefully the robotics competitions sprinkled throughout the Spring will break up some of the monotony of my school year. Here's what I have to face for tomorrow (and the rest of the year):
  1. Multimedia Tech (really taking Physics online instead)
  2. AP English Language & Composition
  3. Research V/VI (Robotics V/VI)
  4. AP US History
I did the welcome call and was activated in my Physics class with FLVS today. Though I'm still a little bummed about not being able to take AP Physics, this class will be a breeze.

I've been behind on new music for quite some time. Daft Punk released Alive 2007 a few months ago, and I had no idea until about a week ago. It's awesome, and I'm using the rest of my iTunes gift cards to buy it. Sucks that I have to upgrade to 7.6 to download anything now, there's always buggy stuff with the latest versions. Gorillaz also recently released D-Sides on iTunes, which I discovered the same day I saw the new Daft Punk stuff. There's some amazing stuff on there that I've been listening to on Deezer. Lenny Kravitz also has a new album coming out in a few weeks. If Prince releases something soon too, I'll die of an amazing musical overload. Too bad I only have $0.78 left in my iTunes account now...

I was hoping to get to bed by 11 tonight so that I'd get six hours of sleep, but it doesn't look like that's happening. I'll shoot for 12...

EDIT: iTunes doesn't want me to have this album. First it tells me I must update to the latest version, then I had to restart my computer. I try to purchase the album again, it tells me I need to reread the license agreement, fine. "Please re-try your purchase". Okay, whatever, retrying... Download starts... "iTunes cannot connect, please check your network connection"...My connection is fine... Downloads resume... So much for 1-click downloading.

No comments: