Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rewind

I just ran across a folder of writing pieces that I wrote between late 8th grade and early 9th grade. What an angsty little early-teen I was! Some of it is hilarious, some of it is corny, some stuff just plain horrible that has me thinking "why the heck did I write that!?". This definitely warrants a creative writing blog that I've been putting off for so long. Here's one from early 9th grade:

School has started once again
Time for my brain to go full spin
Summer's not over, but we still go to school
And I think that is just cruel

Got my classes
They weren't that great
Time's like molasses
Speed up for heaven's sake!

Intro to Info Tech
What a pain in the neck
I'm not learning anything
Isn't this supposed to be high tech?

German is a favorite of mine
Auf Wiederzehen is my favorite line
I love to learn about Deutschland
I hope to know it like the back of my hand

Biology Honors seemed like something I'd like
Instead I wish that I could take a hike
And oh how I love Ms. Flip-Zip Crazy
Her presence is the opposite of fresh cut daisies

Gifted English I is a little challenging
But it is very intellectually stimulating
Analyze this, who, what, and why
Not time to think, no time to sigh

Computer Applications
Ha! Must be a joke
It's no fascination
Thought it was a hoax

In Recreation there's nothing to do
Half the time I stare down at my shoe
We play Mancala, Chess, and Connect Four
How much longer 'til I can be out that door?

Concepts of Engineering isn't that hard
We've already learned about memory and sound cards
The thick PC book is what we read from
Just do the questions and test, then you're done

High School isn't all that bad
You can't let the small stuff get you mad
I can see great opportunities ahead
If only I could get out of bed

I'm seriously LOLing at myself now because I was just as pessimistic about school 3 years ago as I am now. For some reason I thought that I used to like school. I still love learning, but just not going to school and doing useless things. Do I really hate school? Or has Dillard made me this way? I completely forgot that we used to call Ms. Miller FlipZip because she used to use the phrase when she was ranting about petty stuff like pages being stapled horizontally instead of diagonally or something. I should write another one of these for this past year...

EDIT: Came up with something really quick. It's sooo cheesy.

Junior year has come to and end
No surprise -- I'm at Dillard again
Same ol' stuff, just for the 3rd time
Next year I should reach my prime

What a year it has been
All the work, I can't seem to win
PSAT, ACT, tests every week
Frantic about if my scores will peak

Calculus, a seemingly challenging class
Luckily it wasn't hard, I managed to pass
I learned how to derive, manipulate pi
And discovered the TI-89 does not lie

Second class was Electronics 2
I learned most of this stuff at CMU
Studied circuits, didn't challenge us
How the heck did I end up with a B+

AP Psych was quite the thrill
Disorders, behaviors, anti-psychotic pills
I learned more about Bio than I did in 9th grade
Loved this class, hope the memories never fade

Interactive Design was really cool
Dealed with a lot of web design tools
Built my first site, all from scratch
I think this course and I were a match

Second semester came too fast
The homework-less nights did not last
I ended up taking Physics online
FLVS from eight 'til nine

AP English was a bit of a shock
So much work, I'm jumping off the dock
I think we were prepared quite well
But only my exam grades shall tell

Robotics again with Research V
We never got to take our ROVs for a dive
Independent projects to wrap up the year
Nothing hands on, didn't touch a gear

AP US History was the class to dread
How was I supposd to cram this all in my head
I was terrified about the exam
The night before, I rushed to cram

Now I'm a Senior, one more year
Nothing more at Dillard that I fear
Apps, tests, graduation, all that fun stuff
High School life -- I've had enough

1 comment:

domi.blurbs said...

OMG! I'm LOLing!!!!
That was awesome!!! :D